I use affiliates in this post, please see my disclosure for more information.
Obviously it is no secret that I like to save money, pretty much anywhere I go. My Husband makes fun of me all the time.
But in all seriousness, we would literally be living in a cardboard box in an alley somewhere if I were not as frugal as I am. So, take that honey. 😉
I cannot tell you how hard budgeting is, that is something that you will have to learn on your own. There are days when I literally want to scream because I feel guilty about buying a candy bar while grocery shopping. I have gotten a little better as far as anxiety issues go.
But, really, you have to set a goal and keep to it if you really want to succeed in saving money and actually paying off debts.
So, I have compiled a list of different ways you can save money, that you may or may not have thought of. Some of it may come second nature to you, and others, you may have to struggle a bit with.
- Save your spare change! Really, you will be pleasantly surprised how fast this will add up.
- Look for coupons for things you buy. I am not saying go coupon crazy lady or anything. I am really not that coupon savvy, but if I see a coupon that I know I could use, I slip it in my wallet for later.
- Invest in a stand up freezer and fill that sucker up. Any time you find a good deal on freezable items, buy in bulk and utilize it. I am telling you, buying in bulk and freezing is a great way to save on groceries.
- Use the Walmart Savings Catcher. I seriously, no joke, have almost $100 saved up just by scanning in my receipts every time I shop at Walmart. They price match, any time something you buy was found cheaper somewhere else, they give you the difference. That $100 will be coming in handy this Christmas!
- Quit buying things just because it is on sale. Seriously. If you don’t need it, don’t buy it. Even if it is an incredible deal.
- Weather proof your home. You will be surprised at how well this can save you on your utility bills.
- Shop second hand for any clothes or furniture. This saves us tons on children and household furniture. One of my favorite stores to shop is Swap.com. Check them out.
- Share meals when you eat out. This will save you a ton of money. My 4 year old hardly ever eats all of his meal anyhow. Just a waste of money if you ask me.
- Go to a library in exchange for purchasing books or magazines.
- Do NOT purchase a gym membership. Instead, work out at home. There are tons of Youtube videos for that. I am not kidding.
- Have a yard sale, often too. I try to have a yard sale at least a few times a year. And, in this case you are gaining money! Win. Win.
These are just a few of the things that we like to do around our house to save a little extra cash. We are by no means perfect, and there are times when we just binge on things we haven’t done in a while, but it really doesn’t take much to change in order to spend less and save more.
Do you have other ways you swear by to help save you money? Let me hear em’, drop a comment below!
Access to the Library
Get access to Printables, Saving Tips, Budget Ideas and more!