Why I Choose ConvertKit as My Email Provider
And you should TOO!!
If you have taken the plunge and started a blog, and hope to earn money with said blog, then you have probably heard that having an email list is incredibly crucial to help monetize and build your audience. There are several email services out there, but I am here to tell you why I LOVE Convertkit and why I truly believe they are the best in helping build my audience and how they can yours too.
- You could spend a small fortune on marketing tools, such as paid for ads through social media, using direct mail, or even going as far as broadcasting on TV and radio. I think that the cost of email marketing is very low in comparison to any of the above.
- Using email, you KNOW that you will be reaching your audience. If you use social marketing alone, how do you REALLY know you are reaching your targeting audience? I will tell you..you don’t. With email, you can be personal and know that what you have to say will land directly in their inbox.
- What happens if the social media platform dies out? I know, god forbid Facebook slowly dissipates and is no more, but what happens if it does? All your friends and followers go with it. An email list is an asset that belongs to you. When you build your marketing platform on email, then you are building on your own land, and you will have the list no matter what may happen with the email provider.
I use Affiliate links in this post, please see my disclaimer for more information.
Before I started my Blog, I read and read up on tons of people’s posts on how to start a blog and how to help monetize it. The number one thing that every. single. bogger said was to get a good email provider in order to help gain followers. So, I knew that when I first started, I wanted to have a good email platform. Enter ConvertKit…
Three Providers that I Considered Before Deciding on ConvertKit
There are a lot of email providers out there. I didn’t research each one extensively, but I did read up on them a tad, before making a decision. I had only used MailChimp in the past. Then I started noticing that a lot of the blogs I was reading used ConvertKit, which intrigued me, so I looked into their service, as well.
MailChimp – Everyone has heard of MailChimp. It is often the first choice, because it has a free plan for those with fewer than 2,000 subscribers. I have use Mailchimp before when I had a different blog, and I thought it was good. But, Mailchimp doesn’t offer a lot of the things that I needed or wanted this time such as automation.
AWeber – AWeber is another option that I kept hearing about. I have never used them, but when I read up on the different email provider sites, I quickly decided I didn’t want to use them, only because I kept reading that they were kind of difficult to learn. So, they were off my list pretty quickly.
ConvertKit – ConvertKit was a server I was not familiar with at the time either. But, like the others, I read up on them and read that other bloggers sweared by them. Plus, they have a month FREE trial, so I figured what the heck, and took the plunge. I have never looked back.
- The do not double count subscribers. Which means that no matter how many times someone subscribes, they will already have a profile and will not be counted again. Which means, no duplicate email sending! YAY. The last thing you want is the same emails being sent over and over.
- They have a Word Press plug-in. So all you have to do is install the plug-in and that makes it super easy to just click on which forms or landing pages you want inserted where on your blog. It is super easy.
- They have tags and segments that make it super easy to differentiate your email subscribers. For example, I have a Free Budget Printable opt-in form on my site, say someone subscribes using that form, ConvertKit will automatically tag them under my budget tag and subscribe them to my Budget sequence. Then in the future I know what topic that certain subscriber is interested in.
- They have really awesome tech support and tutorials on how to do things. They get back with you super quick if you have a problem and are very personable.
- They have a FREE trial for 30 days. C’mon, anything you get to try free is a go for me! 🙂
So, if you are planning on starting a blog, you definitely need to consider all your options for an email provider. ConvertKit has a FREE trial for 30 days, there after it is $29/month up to you first 1000 subscribers. However, they have TONS of resources and features that make growing your audience simple. So, what are you waiting for?
Other Resources for you!
Tailwind– If you decide to start a blog and need a good pinning scheduler for Pinterest, I would use Tailwind. They are easy to use, and very effective! I have gained more than 200 followers in less than 2 weeks using Tailwind. Get a free trial at a $15 value!
If you liked this post, please pin and share it! Sharing is caring. 🙂
Need Help Budgeting?
Get my FREE Budget Printable to help you with your monthly finances!